Welcome to the Choosing a Toy Guide series. If you haven’t already done so, we recommend reading Choosing a Toy Guide – The Basics first. It provides general information about all types of toys.
Bullet vibes are small, usually wireless toys with a button control. Depending on the length, these can be used for penetration or for external vibration.
Egg vibrators typically have a controller attached by a wire to the vibe itself. This makes it easy to use by either partner or in a variety of physical positions. They’re great for external clitoral stimulation. .
Things to consider:
- Bullets v. Eggs. Bullets are bullet shaped, fairly thin and easily inserted. Eggs are thicker and rounded. Neither one is better than the other. It all depends on the size toy you’re comfortable with.
- Use a condom when inserting a bullet or egg. Pulling on the power cord is the number one way to break the toy. Pull on the condom instead of the wire and the toy comes out undamaged.
- One egg, two egg, three egg, more! Having more than a single bullet or egg attached to your toy can give more options on how it is used. Insert one and use the other on the clitoris, use them vaginally and anally at the same time, or share the toy with your partner, both of you getting to use it at the same time.
- Single or dual controls. Some of the toys that come with more than a single egg or bullet have two sets of controls allowing you to set them at different speeds. This can be important if you’re planning on using the toy with a partner.
- Attached or Remote. Although most of these toys have a wire connecting the controller to the bullet or egg, some are wireless and remotely controlled. These toys can be a blast because one partner can insert the toy while the other gets the controller. Go to a club, go shopping, or take a stroll around the block and you’ll never know when your partner will give you a vibrating jolt of pleasure.